Where the River Runs
Online Workshop using Oil and / or Acrylic
Step by Step
Preparation and Set up
MATERIAL – Oil and Acrylic
3 primary colours and white (use the closest you have on hand) Titanium white and Zinc White
- a cool and warm blue – Ultramarine & Cerulean
- cool red Alizarin
- Warm and cool yellow Hansa & Cadmium Yellow Deep
- Burnt Sienna, Gold Ochre or Raw Sienna, Burnt Umber, Raw Umber
Payne’s Grey, Violet
Mediums (oil) – Taltine, Liquin (Acrylic) Retarder or Glazing medium
- Surface – canvas or wood suggested size rectangular 12” x 16”
- Flat, round and filbert brushes
- Acrylic paint to tone the surface Ultramarine Blue(see preparation Step 1)
- To solve the mystery of how to transform a good photograph to a great painting.
- How to compose, eliminate and style the subject
- Using a limited palette and blocking in medium tone colours
- Print out PDF file for the line drawing – SEE LINK BELOW
- Please note it is sized for 12″ x 16
- Tone the surface of your choice (wood, canvas, paper) with Ultramarine Blue ACRYLIC paint.
- 2 coats may be necessary for a good opaque background.
- trace your line drawing onto the dry surface using a white carbon paper.
- NOTE if you do not have white carbon paper – use black and redraw the lines with white pastel or charcoal pencil for easier viewing.
- You will need the colour image and the Grey Scale image for your first lesson Download Image and Grey Scale
WATCH PREPARATION VIDEO BELOW
WATCH OVERVIEW VIDEO BELOW
All Workshops Include:
- Material list and learning curve objectives
- Step by step preparation before first lesson.
- An information gathering prior to lessons
- accessible at all times through email for questions or information
- Online classes live and video support
- Video step by step available at all times for working at home
Get In Touch
Please let us know if you would like to joion us in this Winter 2021 Painting Experience
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.